- This event has passed.
Executive Roundtable: Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection in Asia
Join an exclusive group of 15 senior in-house legal professionals for this presentation and interactive roundtable discussion. We will explore new and proposed cyber-security and data protection regulations in Asia focusing on practical issues such as potential pitfalls and penalties, and steps for compliance that businesses should be aware of when designing data protection policies, handling cross-border transfers, managing third party vendors and addressing data breaches. It will also consider the impact of the new EU privacy shield regime and the demise of the Trans-Pacific Partnership on data privacy regulation and implementation in Asia.
- Regional regulatory updates
- Best practices for mitigating cyber-security risk and ensuring board-level attention and action
- Ensuring cloud computing, 3rd parties and vendors are in compliance
- Is a “one size fits all” policy for Asia feasible?
- Responding to data breaches and cross border data transfers
This interactive roundtable discussion will be held over lunch (registration starts 11:30 a.m.; 12:00-2:00 p.m.) at the Fullerton Hotel, Singapore. Admission is free and strictly limited to senior in-house legal professionals (max. one per organization). Vendors and Private Practice Lawyers should contact the organiser for more information.
The speaker, Elizabeth Cole is a partner at Jones Day. Her practice encompasses employment, data privacy, cybersecurity, compliance and general corporate and commercial issues. She has practiced in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore and has diverse experience representing multinationals throughout the Asia-Pacific region including advising and assisting on employment contracts, hiring and firing practices and implementation, data privacy and transfer, e-commerce contracts, and related dispute resolution and regulatory response.
Who should attend this event:
- Senior / Regional In-House Legal Counsel
- Legal Directors
- Directors of Legal Affairs
- Associate General Counsel
- Heads of Compliance & Risk
- Regional Privacy Counsel
- Directors of Privacy and Compliance
This executive roundtable is sponsored by Lionbridge, one of the world’s largest providers of translation and languages services for the legal industry.