AdHoc Translations is looking for a Language Technology Specialist
Do you have a passion for language and technology and are you driven and motivated by providing technical solutions to a large portfolio of customers globally? Then the position as Language Technology Specialist at AdHoc Translations might just be something for you. You can be based anywhere in Europe, but it is an advantage if you are based in Spain, Germany or Denmark to be close to our offices.
We are looking for a person with excellent technical skills who wishes to apply his/her specialist knowledge to help AdHoc Translations reach new heights in language technology and system integrations. The successful candidate will be working with everything from translation tools (CAT tools), translation platforms (TMS systems), machine translation, software integrations with our customers’ systems and other solutions and technologies that can help optimise our processes and offer our customers the best possible language technology solutions.
This position is perfect for you if you want to take responsibility and help set the course in a rapidly growing industry. You must keep abreast of developments and have an inquisitive mind to stay on top of new trends in the area.
You will be working closely together with our project managers and sales staff, and youwill be in direct contact with our customers when it comes to language technology and system integrations. Your primary role will be to implement integrations between our production tools and the customers’ systems (e.g. CMS, PIM) and you will be the direct link between external developers and the customers. You will not be the one to develop the software, but the job requires good understanding of API and XML.
Areas of responsibility:
· Implementing integrations between our production tools and our customers’ platforms (CMS, DMS, PIM etc.).
· Implementing machine translation solutions.
· Guiding internal and external teams and customers in the use of our technical solutions and integrations.
· Supporting internal and external teams in case of technical problems with the use of our production tools (TMS, CAT).
· Guiding existing and potential customers in finding the language technology solutions that best meet their needs.
· Engaging in close cooperation with the project manager team to handle complex file types.
· Cooperating with external technology partners and suppliers.
· Developing new language technology offers.
Personal and professional qualifications:
· Relevant degree in IT, preferably in computational linguistics, software localisation or information science and language technology.
· Experience from the language services industry is mandatory.
· Practical and methodical knowledge of CAT tools (Memsource, SDL Trados Studio, etc.) is an advantage.
· Practical and methodical knowledge of TMS systems (Plunet etc.) is an advantage.
· Practical and methodical knowledge of machine translation.
· Good communication skills and English at a high level.
· Service-minded and customer-oriented.
· Good at taking responsibility and troubleshooting.
· Positive attitude.
Join the AdHoc Translations team!
AdHoc Translations is a modern translation agency with headquarters in Copenhagen and departments in Germany, Spain and India.
We offer a dynamic workday together with professional colleagues in an informal atmosphere where we value good ideas and initiatives so that we can develop each other’s skills and jointly contribute to the company’s continued growth.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and application to HR@adhoc-translations.com stating ‘Language Technology Specialist’ in the subject line. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and will complete the recruitment process once we have found the right candidate.
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact our CEO, Kenneth Loberg on tel. +45 23 71 76 27