Vendor Manager, Language Operations
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, connecting the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge. As part of our growth strategy, we are developing and improving our transcription services, known as AlphaScribes, for our global business clientele. AlphaScribes refers to AlphaSights’ experienced, high-performing team of transcriptionists and transcription vendors who provide the company with best-in-class, accurate and timely transcription work.
We’re looking for a driven and detail-oriented Vendor Manager to oversee and lead AlphaScribes’ community of remote transcriptionists, language professionals and transcription vendors. You will partner with other functions, such as Recruiting and Communications, to recruit the best language professionals, onboard and train new members, while promoting current or developing new incentive programs and motivational messaging. In your role as a Vendor Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to develop, grow and improve the effectiveness and quality of AlphaScribes’ remote language professionals and vendors. You’ll be expected to take ownership of the relationships, engage with the community and deliver outstanding outcomes for AlphaSights as a result.
Responsibilities will be comprised of but not limited to:
- Building relationships with our community of remote transcriptionists and vendors
- Monitoring adherence to contract and minimal productivity requirements
- Joining Quality Assurance Lead on touch-base calls and assisting in quality issues resolution
- Owning the process of negotiating contractual terms
- Identifying potential new vendors and conducting research to determine who offers the best quality, turn-around time and price
- Coordinating the transcription team and vendors within specific time zones to develop process efficiency
- Designing incentive programs and motivational messaging to ensure high productivity of the remote team
Required Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of building and managing successful vendor-vendee relationships
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a full-time Supplier/Vendor/Vendor Success manager role within a transcription company or in the language industry (preferred)
- Multitasker with strong organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in juggling multiple communication channels (phone, email, Slack, Google Hangouts)
- Thick skin and ability to resolve conflict
- Critical thinking and exceptional negotiation skills
- Candidates must have excellent oral and flawless written command of English. Proficiency in another language is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time, salaried