Translation Project Manager- Davis, CA
Avantpage is a community-centered translation and localization company based in Davis, CA. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Project Manager who can coordinate the logistics around translation projects from their home office.
With a focus in the healthcare and government arenas, Avantpage works with a wide variety of clients around the United States to achieve its goal of empowering immigrant and LEP communities through access to information in their native languages.
We’re looking for a motivated individual who cares about language access and has a “can do” approach. Does your passion for this industry ready you for a new challenge as part of our international team?
- Scope and quote translation and localization projects for identified clients.
- Plan and monitor projects to meet deadlines, quality, and budget requirements.
- Manage client relationships and serve as the primary day-to-day contact for clients.
- Provide support and input to internal teams and clients, including education about the localization process, as required.
- Collaborate with international production teams to create, implement and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific procedures, solutions, checklists and instructions.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial project data, workflows, schedules and processes to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Resolve questions and issues in a timely and effective manner for clients and internal teams.
- Organize and participate in client meetings
Essential Skills & Experience
- Localization experience is required
- Minimum of 1-year project management experience
- Proven knowledge of industry-related tools (CAT, OCR, TMS, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong customer service, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and flexibility to work independently, as part of a team but also under supervision
- Professional and consistent communication with clients and internal team
What We Offer
- Joining a vibrant multicultural team spread across the Americas and Europe
- Professional development and growth opportunities in the localization industry
- Training in new tools, technologies, and processes
- A generous stipend towards healthcare, vision, and dental benefits
- Energetic, multicultural, and empathetic working environment