Translation Project Manager
Boffin Language Group is a translation and localization services provider with over 23 years of experience, specializing in the Audiovisual communication, e-learning/multimedia, and Video Games industries. Our Toronto office is looking for dynamic, hands-on Project Managers who enjoy foreign languages and wants to work with people from all over the world. This position is also a great opportunity for linguists and translators to switch careers.
Working hours: 9:00 – 6:00 pm (Flexibility is needed due to job nature)
Functions: Project management
Industries: Translation and Localization
The position of the Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the completion of all language projects.
- Scope and quote translation projects for clients
- Plan and Schedule projects to meet deadline and quality requirements
- Collaborate with production teams in China and external resources worldwide to create, implement and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific processes, solutions, checklists, and instructions
- Facilitate effective communication between the clients and the production teams, resolve questions and issues in a timely and effective manner
- Work with all parties to ensure all assignments are understood, timelines are followed, and deliveries completed correctly and on time
- Set and manage client expectations
- Ensure the accuracy of financial project data, workflows, schedules and processes to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 year of experience in project management, translation or engineering in translation and localization industry
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to anticipate the needs of others and communicate proactively is a must
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks and work in a team environment
- Must be curious, interested in technologies, resourceful, and have excellent learning skills
- Foreign language experience, Chinese (Mandarin) is preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Proficiency in two or more of translation and localization tools: SDL Trados, memoQ, Wordfast, Passolo etc.