CRESTEC Europe B.V. is a branch office of the CRESTEC Group, a Japanese major market leader in multilingual documentation engineering with an extensive network of 32 offices around the world. For our multinational customers, we translate, localize and print the content for hardware and software user’s guides, software user interfaces, websites, online help files, and other technical documentation in a broad range of subject matters. Crestec Europe is known for the quality of its products and is a QMS (ISO 9001) and ISMS (ISO 27001) certified company with a team of about 35 members and we work according to the Plan-Do-Check-Act model.
For our office in Amsterdam Sloterdijk, we are looking for an experienced colleague that can take over the position of: Translation Vendor Manager & Quality Control
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit new translation suppliers for mostly European and Asian languages to accommodate business needs;
• Negotiate prices and terms of agreement with translation suppliers;
• Manage translation suppliers’ information in the relevant databases and CEU website;
• Handle all problems related with translation suppliers and take appropriate action to solve them;
• Act as an internal point of reference for translation quality related matters;
• Monitor the quality and performance of CEU’s translation suppliers on a regular basis and take appropriate corrective actions if needed;
• Advise the localization project managers and the sales team on the allocation of suitable translation suppliers, balancing time, costs and quality.
• Provide internal support on vendor management and translation workflow to ensure a smooth running of the daily translation projects;
• Update the suppliers’ and quality procedures in order to guarantee a continuous improvement of the localization workflow;
• Ensure that the quality control and vendor management procedures are followed;
• Control invoicing information relevant for the translation suppliers;
• Advise on CEU’s translation quality policy.
• University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in languages, translation or a related subject;
• At least 3 years working experience in a language and translation environment, preferably in a similar position;
• Excellent command of English, both written and spoken, and a proficient user of at least one other language;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
• Working knowledge of translation tools such as Trados Studio would be an asset;
• Valid working permit for the Netherlands.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
• Great time-manager with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks with a very proactive approach;
• Very good mediation, negotiation and decision making skills;
• Very accurate with great attention to detail;
• Capable to motivate and instruct colleagues and suppliers;
• Open-minded and willing to work in an international business environment;
• Able and willing to represent the company at European vendor management fairs and conferences.
Crestec Europe is known for the quality of its products. We are looking for people who don’t settle for average. Striving for excellence, improving your own performance and exceeding our customers’ expectations are key values at Crestec Europe.
If you fit the profile and requirements, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to Ms Martien Meenhorst at email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you do not receive a reply to your application within 1 month, your application has not been shortlisted.