Business Development Manager
For over 30 years, Eriksen Translations Inc. has been a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers web and multimedia localization, typesetting, interpreting, and cultural consulting. Eriksen partners with major companies in finance and insurance, law, health care, education, integrated marketing and eLearning, as well as prominent museums and cultural institutions.
Located in Brooklyn, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With talented staff and an extensive global network of linguists, the company has earned a reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen seeks a motivated, experienced business development manager with excellent client management and customer service skills. This position will focus on clients and prospects in the areas of integrated marketing, creative services, and learning solutions and eLearning content development.
As business development manager, you are an integral part of a team that manages expectations and partners closely with production to provide clients with innovative solutions. Your success depends on your ability to build a strong rapport with prospects and clients, understand their needs, and present information effectively. You will grow business by identifying new prospects and conducting outreach while maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients.
- Proactively identify and generate new prospects or areas of opportunity.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with decision makers to establish and grow new accounts.
- Educate prospective clients about the company’s services, capabilities, and competitive differentiators.
- Work with marketing team to develop content and strategies that will effectively engage your target prospects.
- Source new prospects through attendance at appropriate conferences, trade shows, and other relevant industry events.
- Build a productive, quantifiable pipeline and accurately report on all aspects of your business development activities.
- Act as a point of contact for the accounts you develop.
- Work with the production team to assess scope of work, provide quotes, and negotiate fees for prospects and clients.
- Maintain long-term relationships by providing a high level of customer support and managing client expectations.
- Identify new business and growth opportunities within existing accounts.
- Seek out opportunities to add value and improve the client experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hands-on business development, sales, and/or client management experience
- Experience selling to clients in integrated marketing, creative services, eLearning and/or adjacent sectors
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Detail-oriented with excellent negotiation, problem solving, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world
- Previous language industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, is a plus
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
Please submit your resume/CV, cover letter and salary requirements here.
Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.