Director of Business Development – Government and Education
For over 30 years, Eriksen Translations Inc. has been a leading provider of multilingual services helping organizations communicate effectively with their limited English proficient communities. Located in Brooklyn, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With talented staff and an extensive global network of linguists, the company has earned a reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen seeks a Director of Business Development who is an excellent communicator with strong relationship building skills. Reporting to the founder and CEO, you will focus on business development in the areas of marketing, learning solutions and eLearning content, compliance, as well as general communication. This position will focus on clients and prospects in city, local, county, and state government agencies as well as K-12 and higher education.
Working in our Brooklyn office or remotely, you will grow business by identifying prospective clients, building relationships, and initiating and closing sales. Your success depends on your ability to navigate and understand the government and educational landscape; build a strong rapport with prospects and clients; understand their needs and position solutions that will help them achieve their goals; and educate them about Eriksen’s unique value. You are an integral part of a team that manages expectations and partners closely with production to provide client-centric solutions.
- Proactively identify new prospective clients or areas of opportunity.
- Source new prospects through email, cold calling, and networking, as well as attendance at appropriate conferences and tradeshows.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with decision makers to establish and grow new accounts.
- Articulate Eriksen’s offerings and capabilities and identify opportunities to align our services with prospects’ business needs.
- Work with marketing team to develop content and strategies that will effectively engage your target prospects.
- Build a productive, quantifiable pipeline and accurately report on all aspects of your business development activities.
- Ensure new opportunities are tracked and closed in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of the evolving client requirements and trends in the localization industry.
- Create proposals and respond to RFP/RFIs.
- Act as a point of contact for the accounts you develop.
- Maintain long-term relationships by providing a high level of customer support and managing client expectations.
- Identify new business and growth opportunities within existing accounts in the government and education verticals.
- Seek out opportunities to add value and improve the client experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hands-on business development, sales, and/or client management experience
- Experience navigating and selling to government and/or education sector
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships and deliver value to clients
- Detail-oriented with excellent negotiation, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Value honesty and integrity
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world
- Previous language industry experience is a plus, but not required
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and tuition and gym membership reimbursement. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Please apply here: https://eriksen.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=17
Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.