For over 30 years, Eriksen Translations Inc. has been a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers web and multimedia localization, desktop publishing, interpreting, cultural consulting, and voiceover and subtitling services. Eriksen partners with major companies in finance and insurance, law, health care and education, creative services, nonprofits and NGOs, as well as museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Located in downtown Brooklyn, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With a talented staff and an extensive network of linguists and subject-matter specialists, the company has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen Translations seeks a Localization Project Manager to join our production team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects including the management of quality, cost, and schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, plan, schedule and manage multiple client projects from inception to delivery, ensuring optimal workflow and on-time results.
- Besides translation, projects to be managed include print and multi-media components (desktop publishing, subtitling, voice-over, and e-learning modules, among others).
- Meet with account managers for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including linguists, typesetters, technical support, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee TMs/glossaries.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate professionally with clients on production-related issues when necessary.
- Manage client review process.
- Support sales during new client acquisition and onboarding.
- Three or more years of experience in translation project management, with multi-media experience a plus.
- College degree in linguistics, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CAT tools (memoQ, Trados).
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English, preferred.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen’s benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
Please click here to submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements.