As an international translation company with 8 offices around the globe EVS Translations provides high-end multilingual language services for clients drawn from all sectors. In our steadily growing company we employ almost 200 employees worldwide including about 95 in-house translators and proofreaders. EVS Translations is currently looking for a new team member to support our translation and proofreading team in Nottingham at the earliest possible date.
- Proofreading English translations and translating German documents into English using CAT tools across a broad spectrum of areas but with a focus on engineering, automotive and technical texts
- Ensuring that texts are of consistent quality and meet the high standards our clients expect
- Editing English texts from our internal and external translator team regarding linguistic and grammatical accuracy
- Contact person for in-house translator team providing ongoing feedback
- Degree in translation studies or related field with focus on German into English translations; a topical focus on engineering, automotive or technical texts will be advantageous
- Exceptional German language skills; ideally French as an additional working language
- English at native speaker level with advanced writing skills and very high stylistic and grammatical competency
- Several years of experience in the translation industry as translator, proofreader or editor of English and bilingual texts with a focus on technical and engineering topics
- Comprehensive knowledge of CAT tools such as Trados Studio and/or Transit NXT and/or Across
- An international and challenging work environment within the EVS Translations Group
- Comprehensive training on the job
- Company Pension Plan
- 25 holidays plus bank and public holidays
- Exchange of knowledge across all EVS Translations branches
You can look forward to working in a first-class team within the EVS Translations Group. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of your colleagues.
Have we caught your interest?
Then we look forward to your application including your CV as well as a cover letter stating your desired income and availability via firstname.lastname@example.org.