As the firm’s first Translation and Localisation Manager, you will be responsible for helping design and build a translation team to support our globalisation efforts. The Translation and Localisation Team will provide services to internal clients including, Sales, Service, Research, Content, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, and others. This is a highly entrepreneurial role which will require you to quickly learn about our business, industry, and writing style.
- Manage a new team of translators, including (but not limited to): Sourcing talent, interviewing, hiring, editing, holding 1:1s, coaching, and handling resource allocation to optimise for business needs.
- Develop and execute tone and language style guides for each country/language we operate in.
- Manage translation vendor relationships, including tracking costs, providing feedback, vetting new vendors, and developing a bench of new vendors.
- Manage technology necessary to provide translation services.
- Produce regular, actionable reporting for management on services provided by your team.
- Plan and prepare for future business expansion.
- Showcase excellent written and verbal communication skills to localise various content types such as financial, marketing, legal or educational materials.
- Strategically and tactfully guide direct reports on how to achieve group and firm wide goals.
- Manage translation memories, glossaries, and style guides.
- BA/BS in Translation, Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of localisation project/program management or language specialist experience and a minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Experience using CAT tools (e.g., Lingotek, SDL Trados, etc.), preferably in a Language Specialist/Manager capacity.
- Very detail-oriented, quality-focused, and proactive.
- Able to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Fluency in English coupled with another European language (such as Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, or some combination.)
Why Fisher Investments UK:
Fisher Investments UK is a subsidiary of Fisher Investments, a portfolio management company based in the US. Fisher Investments and its subsidiaries manage over £73 billion in assets for more than 40,000 customers worldwide. The Fisher organisation has a long history of managing global investments and helping investors reach their long-term goals and objectives. The Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing world-class service, and taking a personalised approach.
To help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- 100% coverage of the supplemental medical and dental premiums for you and your qualified dependents*
- 25 days annual leave
- Two pension contributions methods to choose from
- Interest-free season tickets available for purchase upon six months of employment**
- Cyclescheme programme
- A supportive, collaborative working environment
- Employee appreciation events
- Ongoing training and educational support
Join a team that’s bringing new approaches to wealth management daily!
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for taxes
**Available only to regular full-time employees with at least a 12-month contract