Looking to work with internationally minded professionals that share the same sense of purpose and passion of improving the world through education? If so, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The IB provides all its services and documents in English, French and Spanish and a limited set of documents in additional languages (Arabic, Chinese, German, Japanese). The Multilingual Editorial Production department (MEP) provides editorial, production and translation services to the whole of the organization to support the IB’s external stakeholders in the IB languages.
Working closely together with the other managers reporting to the Head of Multilingual Editorial Production, the MEP Operations Manager oversees the work of all project coordinators and the editorial production team to ensure that project management standards are followed for all languages and projects, and that multilingual editorial production operations for the IB are performed in the most efficient and effective way.
Key Job Duties:
Service & stakeholder management
- In collaboration with the MEP Quality Manager, establishes the core services to be supplied to the different IB departments and develops and maintains service level agreements (SLAs) for these to ensure the department offers the right services.
- Manages the relationship with the department’s customers to ensure MEP provides excellent service, actively seeking feedback.
Project and production management
- Manages the multilingual editorial production project coordination function across all global centres to ensure projects are delivered on time and within the allocated budget.
- Plans, allocates and supervises the work of the MEP Project Coordinators in all global centres or to external suppliers based on understanding of the team workload, capacity and budget.
- Oversees the editorial production function across all global centres to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget.
Planning & Budgeting
- Oversees the account management function to ensure editorial, translation and production needs of internal stakeholders are collected to form the multilingual publication plan of the IB.
- Develops and executes the multilingual publication plan and operational schedule to ensure delivery and budget targets are met.
- Prepares budget submission and forecast (throughout the year) for the editorial, translation and production activities to ensure accuracy of budgeting and forecasting.
- Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops his/her team to deliver the agreed / required services as per the SLAs in place.
- Master’s degree in translation and/or general management.
- Experience in translation project management (4+ years)
- Proven successful experience in team management (4+ years)
- Sound experience in project/operations management (8+ years).
- Able to relate to managers in other department to set levels of service.
- Fully IT literate, with a good understanding of computer assisted translation tools, workflow management tools and content management systems.
- Detail oriented, service and client focused.
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- An excellent command of the English language and working knowledge of at least another IB language.
About the IB:
The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment to almost 5,000 schools worldwide to children aged 3-19, as well as comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators. Our educational programs encourage students across the world to be active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
We are seeking talented individuals who thrive in a global and dynamic environment with amazing benefits and opportunities for career growth and development. This is the place where your ideas are welcome and global perspectives are encouraged. Be a part of an organization that wants to make the world a better place. Apply now!
* The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer*
* This job is offered on local terms and conditions *