Want to join a fast growing language company with great career growth potential? This position is for a West Coast territory and timezone (will consider right candidate remotely)
As our Business Development Manager (BDM) you will target, pursue and close new business relationships with identified target accounts for the United States. You will be the market-facing, front-end of a team focused on identifying, qualifying and successfully bringing new customers to Language Network. Our team drives success through hard work, daily sales activity, attention to details, and the ability to quickly identify and qualify new opportunities. We target medium-size accounts and complex good personal skills and project management are critical for success. 80% of the time for this role will be in pursuit of new accounts (new logos), and 20% will be spent on designated account management and growth. Your ability to learn, work, and negotiate at a senior will be critical to success.
Your primary objective as is to find, qualify, and successfully close new customers for the West Coast. Upon closing a new customer, you will develop strategies and plans to grow the account to achieve maximum revenue, while at the same time collaborate with the operations team (interpreting and translation) to ensure high customer success and long-term performance. You will be accountable for new customer and revenue quotas. You will need to gain a deep and solid understanding of the Clients’ organizational structures, business entities, procurement processes, management objectives, general processes, and recognize changing needs and expectations.
As Business Development Manager you will:
- Identify, target and pursue qualified opportunities in new customer contacts and key decision makers at all levels in the enterprise to identify new business opportunities. This includes all prospect communications, presentations, proposals, proofs-of-concept, all follow-up, and bid management.
- Be a part of the primary team to qualify new business leads generated from sales and marketing efforts.
- Prepare and present Language Network solutions to prospective Clients.
- Be the primary external face of Language Network at prospect sites, industry events & trade shows, and on the phone.
- Ensure the retention, growth and ongoing satisfaction of new accounts by understanding Clients’ ongoing, changing, and unexpected needs.
- Own and drive competitive bidding events (e.g., RFPs) to support new sales activities.
- Plan and conduct new business activities with target accounts and lead all Client interactions, including on-site visits, online meetings, and email and phone interactions.
- Effectively demonstrate Language Network technology solutions (Lango) to prospective Clients.
- Contribute input for service improvements and new solution designs by collaborating with Production, Marketing, and Account Management teams.
- Work with Language Network leadership in regularly scheduled meetings to review new customer pursuit activity and present account and territory plan to meet quota expectations.
- Maintain and monitor written service agreements for assigned accounts; including appropriate pricing sheets.
- Ensure timely payment of new customer invoices.
- Ensure a successful transition of a closed opportunity resulting from sales activities to the operations team, and act as a liaison and advocate for operations during any new client onboarding process.
- You will be assigned a quota for monthly/quarterly/annual revenue, new customers and sales activities.
- We complete monthly reviews, prospecting, and account planning with consistent measurement to goal.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of hands-on experience successfully solution selling to mid-market Client accounts and relationships, preferably in the government, healthcare, or legal industries
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent personal and business references
- A self-starter with a strong and consistent work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative problem solving
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and organizational skills
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Google Apps, and CRM tools (ie:Hubspot)
- Successful experience with providing proactive assistance and support to Clients
- A team player who can collaborate effectively and work independently demonstrating strong skills of persuasion