Reporting to the Sr. Localization Program Manager, this position will provide localization project management support to multiple organizations across multiple languages, and in particular to the Machine Translation (MT) team. The Localization Project Manager will work closely with Language Specialists, Terminologists, Localization Engineers, Product Management, Content Management, Product Development, Release Management, QA, internal business partners, and with external vendors. The position involves, but is not limited to:
Concurrent management of multiple localization projects in a fast-paced environment, recognizing and acting on their priorities and interdependencies
- Planning and execution of projects ranging from small, fast-turnaround to larger, more complex projects working with diverse teams to establish their localization needs
- Tracking and coordinating the preparation of training and testing data for machine translation, terminology lists, and other source files before the vendor handoffs
- Participating in the selection of MT Language Service Providers (LSP), coordinating the training and working with the vendors closely for the consistent quality work
- Prepare style guides, training videos, tutorials and other documentation to ensure high standards of accuracy and readability.
- Tracking schedules and monitoring the workload of our Language Specialists, Terminologist, LQA resources, as well as MT LSPs.
- Communicating status, issues and risks to various teams and stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for improvements, innovation, and cost reductions
- 3 to 5 years of experience in localization project management; knowledge of project management software tools and techniques.
Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing fast-paced and larger-scale project implementations from start to finish across multiple languages
- Experience working with LSPs to ensure service level agreements are adhered to
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal and conceptual skills
- Experience with machine translation projects and/or large scale translation projects
- Experience with Translation Management (such as WorldServer) and Content Management systems
- Ability to speak and write other languages (Russian and/or Portuguese, Spanish, German, French would be a plus)
- Ability to work independently and cooperate in a team effort
For more information contact Jeanne firstname.lastname@example.org