Localization QA Tester- Multiple Languages (Full-time and Part-time)
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Summary
The tester will be using devices to test a wide range of internally and externally facing applications and tools.
The tester will be conduct test cases, identify localization bugs, report them via an internal bug tracking system as well as verify the fixes once implemented.
Location: Onsite in Cupertino, CA (no remote work)
Start date: ASAP
Project Duration: Ongoing – no end date
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (1 hour unpaid break from 12-1) = 35 hours a week
Competitive wages: $35/hour
Must have a US work permit
- Native-level fluency in their respective language (grammar, vocabulary, composition, punctuation)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working in translation
- Tech savvy, with experience testing web-based systems and applications on Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to prioritize linguistic issues and distinguish between a true must-fix and a nice-to-have
- Experience working with test cases and test scripts
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly articulate reproduction steps for a given issue and communicate critical information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with very diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team ethic
Languages needed Full-time:
Languages needed Part-Time:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Traditional Chinese-Taiwan
- Mexican Spanish