Responsible for managing, coordination, scheduling, and completion of client projects by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Organizing and coordinating translation/localization projects
· Working with linguistic assets (TM, TBs, style guides)
· Exercising excellence in customer service
· Providing scheduled on-call support
· Ensures total client satisfaction on output quality and project completion schedules.
· Participates in resolving problems across various functions and processes, meets deadline and maintains profit margin per work order.
· Works closely with other key teams/team members such as business development, production, DTP, QC/QA, accounting, etc.
· Responsible for vendor management of assigned independent contractors.
· Performs all work in accordance with the relevant procedures.
· Plans each project schedule and necessary resources to meet customer deadlines.
· Allocates and confirms project resource availability.
· Negotiates rates with translators and other contractors/vendors to ensure project completion within budget.
· Ensures gross margin targets are maintained on each project.
· Tracks the project schedule status to ensure that project deadlines are met.
· Implements Translation Memory and any other applicable technology.
· Ensures proper QC/QA of the project.
· Communicates with the client regarding project status and any project related issues (ex. questions from translators, etc.).
· Reviews incoming vendor invoices and other job related expenses to assure accuracy.
· Closes jobs and archives files, while ensuring the utmost accuracy.
· Prepares project reports for management, clients, or others.
· Improves on a continuous basis, professional skills and industry knowledge.
· Performs any other duties delegated by the Department Manager, Operations Manager and the President.
· Provides scheduled after-hours on call support
· Fluency in spoken and written English language
· Fluency in a second language (spoken and written)
· Excellent email and phone skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Being detail oriented and proactive
· Ability to work independently and multi-task
· Good problem solving ability
· Excellent ability to listen
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Creativity and resourcefulness
· Excellent proficiency in general computer applications, specifically excellent knowledge of MS Office products
· Working knowledge of major graphic design and publishing applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Page Maker, QuarkXpress, AutoCAD, etc.)
· Experience with TM, TMS and MT tools
· Good knowledge of Internet related applications, html, database driven websites, etc.
· Must be willing to work occasional extensive hours to meet client project requirements and provide after-hours on call support when required
· Translation / Localization Project Management experience is required
· Continuous localization workflow experience (product localization) is preferred
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.