Linguistic Systems, Inc. is an industry leading language services company, established in 1967 that has served most Fortune 100 and AmLaw 100 companies. We are currently seeking an Operations Manager for our Language Translation Services business. This person will be responsible for the execution of all translation projects performed for clients. This includes management of translation systems and processes, quality and timeliness of project deliveries, efficient and effective allocation of resources, hiring of production services personnel with assistance of HR, and ensuring that all project management staff follow published company processes and procedures. We maintain certifications for ISO 9001, ISO 17100, and ISO 27001.
- Supervision of Personnel: Must be able to effectively supervise project managers and other production personnel.
- Quality, Timeliness, and Profitability of Production Services: Maintain a tracking system for recording metrics to ensure and prove that the performance of our services consistently meets the expectations of the client as required by our certifications to ISO quality and security Standards.
- New Software: Maintain awareness of new software products or home-grown concepts that can add value to operating performance or requirement to meet new client requests and make recommendations for purchase or develop software.
- Hiring of Personnel: Maintain a system for working with Human Resources to find candidates, interviewing, testing, checking background, making offer, and hiring the best candidate available for an open position in the Production Operations.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the compliance of our production operation to quality and security requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 17100, and ISO 27001.
- Develop performance metrics: help identify strengths and weaknesses of the production systems by measuring key production factors.
- The Operations Manager, Language Translation Services is a member of the Executive Committee.
- Four-year college degree from accredited school;
- Six years group management experience in positions related to translation and localization;
- Excellent communication skills.
This full-time position at our downtown Boston office (Financial District) is for a problem-solver who enjoys challenging situations in a team environment.
Applicant must already be eligible to work in the US and pass background screening.
Commensurate with experience, knowledge, and capability.
LSI offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, 401(k) retirement plan, and other benefits.
To learn more about LSI, please visit our website at www.linguist.com.