Senior Marketing Manager (B2B & Commercial Partnerships), Oxford Languages
Oxford Languages is part of Oxford University Press. Our vision is to unlock the power of language for learning and for life.
Oxford Languages nurtures innovation and creativity, while staying true to the values that shaped us. With over 150 years of experience in making dictionaries and language resources, we are an organisation with a sense of purpose that comes from our shared mission to support excellence in research, scholarship, and education.
About the role
As a critical part of the marketing team, this unique and exciting role offers you the opportunity to contribute to our strategy and translate it into action; delivering tangible results. It’s ideal for an innovative marketing professional who is comfortable with taking ownership and motivated by delivering success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of marketing strategies that help us grow our commercial business and partnerships
- Utilise a range of innovative tactics across web, email, social media, and events to generate leads, engage customers, and build awareness; partner with thesales & customer success teams to develop collateral that supports the sales pipeline
- Actively contribute to business strategy through an expert understanding of the language services sector and share knowledge across the team
- Recruit, train, manage a team of 2 direct reports
- Lead market research that positively contributes to business decisions
- Manage the messaging and communications in the commercial space and take a lead in refining and aligning all external comms globally
- Proactively collaborate with our customers and develop marketing relationships which are beneficial to them and us.
This is a full time role based in Oxford but with the possibility of some remote working. We would consider applications from those looking to work 4 days per week.
Most importantly you will be a self-starter, who is able to plan, develop and deliver strategy. You will also have the following:
- Significant experience contributing to business/product strategy and to the development of marketing strategies
- Experience in marketing
- Experience in a product or services industry
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with external stakeholders.
- Team management experience
- Language services/language technology sector experience.
We care about work/life balance here at OUP; with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure), and a 35-hour working week, along with the flexibility to start and finish late or early as required.
This role comes with a management bonus and our pension contribution is up to 11%.
Wellbeing is really important to us so we also have a wide range of facilities including: a canteen that serves a wide variety of healthy and delicious meals, a subsidized onsite gym and subsidized coffee shops.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.