Slator.com is the world’s leading publisher of news and analysis on the technologies, companies and people driving the USD 25 billion translation, localization and language technology industry. This industry is at the cutting edge of adopting artificial intelligence and we are fast expanding our coverage of natural language processing (NLP).
Slator is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and operates a distributed team based in Bangkok, London, Manila, Sirsi (India), and Athens.
We are looking for an experienced language industry professional to join our international team and take up a key role in expanding editorial coverage. Candidates should be based in the UK, the USA, or in Canada.
The position is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional with deep expertise in language services and technology and a passion for writing. We welcome applications from senior operations, account management, or business development professionals looking to leverage their expertise in a new role. Reporting to the Managing Director in Zurich, the role has dotted line to Slator’s London-based Research Director.
- Take a key role in setting editorial direction and daily story selection
- Write daily news articles and feature stories
- Conference reporting: opportunity to travel to and cover SlatorCon events globally
- Support Slator’s research team in the production of in-depth research content
- Support product development in Editorial and Research
- Manage Slator’s social media presence as it relates to editorial content
- Required: Over five years experience in the language services and technology industry
- Required: Native English-speaker with demonstrated writing ability (either as translator, blogger, researcher or in any other capacity)
- Required: Passion for and deep understanding of the language services and technology industry
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Passion for language and making complex issues accessible to a wider audience
- Ability to articulate a view on the industry’s macro trends
- An entrepreneurial spirit (we’re a small and growing company)
- Competitive compensation
- Paid leave
- Opportunity to travel
- Highly visible and impactful role in fast growing industry
- Additional benefits dependent on location
London-based candidates or UK-candidates willing to relocate to London have the option of working out of Slator’s London office near Old Street. Remote for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org