Slator is the leading news website for the global language industry. Our mission is to help our audience make commercial sense from the fast-changing language services and technology markets.
We do this online through exclusive news and analysis and in-person through events that drive industry networking and new business development. Slator is recruiting a Conference Producer to execute our mission and grow our audience globally.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will produce conferences which meet the needs of our target market of senior executives in the global language services industry and therefore generate revenue and profit.
You will undertake focused research, write compelling conference programmes and associated copy, recruit speakers, run conferences on site and to assume ownership for the end-to-end process of running successful conferences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyse the feasibility of developing potential conference topics into commercially viable events.
- Identify the target audience for a given conference idea and the most marketable angle on this topic.
- Communicate by phone and email with key industry figures and the Slator editorial team to determine the validity of a proposed topic, sub-themes, timing and location.
- Prepare a topic briefing document for all events which will:
- Overview the topic and its validity as a stand-alone event.
- Highlight the key issues faced around the topic which will be addressed by the event.
- Identify potential speakers, resource persons and partners including influential trade associations.
- Research possible competing events covering the proposed topic to analyse potential conflicts in dates or overexposure.
- Recommend how to secure the participation of paying delegates.
- Highlight possible sponsors for the event and suggest the unique selling points to support sponsorship sales.
- Identify potential conference add-ons to provide incremental revenue.
- Plan for a post-conference delegate survey and internal review.
- Write marketable conference programmes based on the briefing document and take over responsibility for the marketability of conference programmes.
- Write effective sales copy for conference brochures, event page and other promotional material as appropriate.
- Liaise with colleagues on event marketing, promotion, sales and related campaigns.
- Lead logistics planning, pre-event logistics management, as well as on-site and post-event logistics.
- Prepare and execute the delegate survey, analyse and summarise responses and discuss with management how best to use the finding to influence future events.
- Undertaking such other duties as directed.
Profile & Qualification:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience organising international events and industry conferences.
- Relevant experience of undertaking conference marketing and corporate communications work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong editing skills (writing samples required).
- Experience working in remote teams within a multicultural and international environment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects to deadlines.
- Ability to manage external vendors, solve problems and successfully engage with appropriate logistics, technical and internal resources.
- Highly effective organisational skills able to manage multiple projects.
- In-depth knowledge of developments in the global language services and technology industry.
- Residency in a Slator city (London, Zurich, Bangkok, Manila or Singapore) or primary target market (USA or EU).
- Ability to write engaging online articles summarising conference topics and event presentations.
Slator is a young, exciting and fast-growing media company. Interested candidates should email their CV, writing sample, last drawn salary and current salary expectations to Andrew Smart, Commercial Director at andrew(at)slator.com
Application Closing Date: 25 February 2019