We are looking for flexible and quick-thinking candidates who have technical experience and can play an active role in helping to shape Swiss Post.
Switzerland is quadrilingual; the world is multilingual: as part of our team, you will ensure that Swiss Post always finds the right words in the right language. Make the most of your creative freedom to forge your own career path in our exciting, varied environment.
Your field of activity
As a specialist in language technology, you are primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the language technology applications in Swiss Post’s in-house language and translation services. You are in charge of planning, budgeting for and carrying out all strategic activities and projects relating to language technology. You plan and coordinate 1st and 2nd level support for Language Services employees in their use of industry-specific applications. In addition, you are responsible for maintaining and developing the databases for Language Services, and you help to run training sessions. Your area of work involves the strategic development of the IT landscape at Language Services with the aim of optimizing processes and costs and ensuring the greatest possible integration with our own CAT tool and external interfaces (censhare, CMS systems). You follow new developments on the market in the fields of language technologies and artificial intelligence and are in contact with other companies with the objective of achieving optimizations and savings.
- You have completed a degree or advanced training in computer linguistics/language technology
- You have done further or advanced training in and have experience of traditional and/or agile project management
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the field of computer linguistics/machine translation and of TMS and CAT tools. In addition, you can offer expertise in databases and software architectures.
- You are particularly knowledgeable about the translation industry and related processes
- You enjoy working with customers and working conceptually
- You are a quick learner and accustomed to both joined-up thinking and producing accurate, structured work. You show initiative and are happy to work in a team
- You are able to communicate in stylistically secure German and English. Knowledge of French and Italian is also an advantage
Anstellung: 80% Bern
Art der Anstellung: Permanent
Head of Language Services
Tel. +41 79875 2333
and play an active role in shaping Swiss Post.
www.post.ch/jobs (Referenz 126)