Venga is growing fast and continually adding new clients who are shaping the digital world of tomorrow. We are very focused and organized and we need someone with ambition to take on our U.S. west coast business development operations.
Position: Business Development Director
Report To: Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO)
Start Date: Q3, 2018
Compensation: To be agreed
Location: United States (preferably central or west coast but not exclusively)
As our Business Development Director (BDD) you will target, pursue and close new business relationships with identified target accounts for the United States. You will be the market-facing, front-end of a team focused on identifying, qualifying and successfully bringing new customers to Venga. Our team drives success through hard work, daily sales activity, attention to details, and the ability to quickly identify and qualify new opportunities. We target medium and large enterprise accounts and complex enterprise sales skills are critical for success. 80% of the time for this role will be in pursuit of new accounts (new logos), and 20% will be spent on designated account management and growth. Your ability to learn, work, and negotiate at a senior level within and outside Venga will be critical.
Your primary objective as a BDD is to find, qualify, and successfully close new customers for the west coast. Upon closing a new customer, you will develop strategies and plans to grow the account to achieve maximum revenue, while at the same time collaborate with the extended operations team to ensure high customer success and long-term performance. You will be accountable for new customer and revenue quotas. Achieving consistent quota attainment is critical for this role. You will need to gain a deep and solid understanding of the Clients’ organizational structures, business entities, procurement processes, management objectives, general processes, and product focus as well as recognize changing needs and expectations.
As Business Development Director you will:
- Identify, target and pursue qualified opportunities in new customer contacts and key decision makers at all levels in the enterprise to identify new business opportunities. This includes all prospect communications, presentations, proposals, proofs-of-concept, all follow-up, and bid management.
- Be the primary resource at Venga to qualify new business leads generated from Sales Operations and Marketing activities.
- Prepare and present Venga services and solutions to prospective Clients.
- Be the primary external face of Venga at prospect sites, industry events & trade shows, and on the telephone as prospects consider Venga.
- Ensure the retention, growth and ongoing satisfaction of new accounts by understanding Clients’ ongoing, changing, and unexpected needs.
- Own and drive competitive bidding events (e.g., RFPs) to support new sales activities.
- Plan and conduct new business activities with target accounts and lead all Client interactions, including on-site visits, online meetings (i.e. Zoom, etc.), and email and telephone interactions.
- Effectively demonstrate Venga technology solutions (W2G, Gateway, CMS integrations) to prospective Clients.
- Contribute input for service improvements and new solution designs by collaborating with Production, R&D, Marketing, and Account Management teams.
- Work with Venga leadership in regularly scheduled meetings to review new customer pursuit activity and present account and territory plans to meet quota expectations.
- Regularly prepare and present sales performance reports relevant to the execution of business development activities, quota achievement and prospecting plans.
- Maintain and monitor written service agreements for assigned accounts, as well as pricing information in internal knowledge base (VengaShare).
- Ensure timely payment of new customer invoices.
- Ensure a successful transition of a closed opportunity resulting from sales activities to production operations, and act as a liaison and advocate for production operations during any new client onboarding process.
- You will be assigned a quota for monthly/quarterly/annual revenue, new customers and sales activities. Achievement of this plan will be measured when reviewing overall performance.
- We complete monthly reviews, prospecting, and account planning with consistent measurement to established plans.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of hands-on experience successfully selling enterprise-level Client accounts and relationships, preferably in the software and eCommerce industry
- Consistent quota achievement in selling services and solutions to enterprise business markets
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Impeccable personal and business references
- Professional communication and physical presentation characteristics consistent with successful selling of business-to-business services and technology
- Successful experience in sales in the localization and translation industry with solid knowledge of translation and publishing processes
- A self-starter with a strong and consistent work ethic
- Demonstrated successful development and implementation of complex enterprise account strategies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated examples of innovative thinking and creative problem solving
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and organizational skills
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and other standard sales applications required (e.g., Salesforce.com)
- Customer Centric Selling (CCS) or equivalent sales methodology experience
- Successful experience with providing proactive assistance and support to Clients
- A team player who can collaborate effectively and work independently demonstrating strong skills of persuasion
SEND RESUME AND DETAILS TO ANTOINE.REY@VENGAGLOBAL.COM