The Department of Foreign Languages at Weber State University is developing new programs in localization and translation and is therefore seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Localization and Translation to begin August 2019.
This position will be a joint appointment with the Goddard School of Business and Economics and consists of a teaching load of four three-credit-hour courses per semester, advising, committee work, and some ongoing scholarship (e.g., refereed articles and conference presentations). Courses may include Introduction to Localization, Introduction to Translation, Translation Technology, marketing courses, and other courses yet to be developed..
- M.A. in localization, translation, or related field
- Work experience in localization and translation
- Experience in the use of cutting edge technologies for localization and translation, including CAT tools
- Experience teaching localization and/or translation at the college level
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- Advanced proficiency in a language other than English
- Evidence of ongoing scholarship (e.g., peer-reviewed publications) or potential for scholarship related to localization and/or translation
- Ph.D in translation studies or related field
- Near-native proficiency in a language other than English
- Ability to teach Spanish-to-English translation
- Work experience in marketing
To apply, please complete the online application at https://jobs.weber.edu/ and attach a cover letter, current CV, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin December 1, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.