3 years ago
April 7, 2016
eurocom Translation Services UK launched
Vienna, Austria / Congleton, UK, April 1, 2016. With effect from April 1st, 2016, eurocom Translation Services UK officially started its operations. “Unofficially”, its clients benefit from more than 27 years of experience in the field of technical translations: eurocom UK is building on the strong foundations of Bridge Translation & Publishing through an asset purchase.
Bridge Translation & Publishing Ltd has been setting standards in the field of technical translations since 1989. When founder Martin Henderson, a former industrial automation engineer with Siemens, announced his intention to retire, Austria-based eurocom Translation Services took action. “We have been working with Bridge Translation for more than 20 years and have always been thrilled about both the quality of the translations and the extremely positive spirit of our cooperation!”, confirmed Klaus Fleischmann and Anita Wilson, managing directors of eurocom Austria.
eurocom Translation Services UK was therefore established and purchased the assets of Bridge Translations. The goal of the asset purchase was to keep the extremely motivated, well-established UK team on board, and to continue to make use of the extensive know-how and smooth processes that have been built up with eurocom Vienna. Tighter integration between the two companies will also allow these processes to be refined and improved. At the same time, eurocom UK will benefit from the considerably larger portfolio it can now offer its UK customers through being a member of the Kaleidoscope/eurocom Group.
The experienced Bridge team is being kept together and will continue to operate from its premises in Congleton, Cheshire. The new eurocom Translation Services is an 80% affiliate of eurocom Translation Services, headquartered in Vienna, Austria. The other 20% is owned by two key employees of the former Bridge Translations: Paula Roussarie, the long-standing Head of Operations, and Anthony Dunn, an experienced language expert and the company’s Senior Translator/Reviewer.
eurocom has over 25 years of experience and is, according to the Common Sense Advisory market analysis, one of the 25 largest LSPs in western Europe. The company is one of the founding members of the AATC (Austrian Association of Translation Companies) and an active member of ELIA and tekom. Klaus Fleischmann, one of the directors of eurocom UK, has just been voted onto the board of GALA. “Since English is still the most important target language for Austrian companies, Bridge Translations is a perfect fit for eurocom and strengthens our market position considerably”, says Klaus Fleischmann. “And for the first time, we will have translators in-house”, adds Anita Wilson, “This will enable us to improve processes, productivity and quality even more!”
Translation, terminology and global content: this is our world since 1996, both as a reseller of SDL, SCHEMA, and Acrolinx and with our own software solutions for collaborative terminology, quality management, review and translator query management. Together with our affiliate eurocom, Austria’s largest and most innovative translation service provider, we synergize a complete language solution.
Tel +43 676 843498 249
Landstrasse Hauptstrasse 99-101 Top B3A