7 months ago
August 17, 2018
Lingotek Enhancements to Translation Management System
LEHI, UT–(Slator – August 17, 2018) – Lingotek | The Translation Network announced today the addition of 100+ enhancements to its industry-leading translation management system (TMS) and content management connectors. The company has added innovative, new features and functionality to its apps for vendor management, linguistic quality evaluation, and multilingual business intelligence. In addition, it has added intelligent workflows, weighted word counts and exception management capabilities to make translation project management easier and more automated than ever before.
“Lingotek has the most mature, full-featured, cloud-based TMS on the market,” said Rob Vandenberg, President, and CEO of Lingotek. “No one else can offer users more advanced tools for streamlining the translation process.”
Translation Management System Enhancements
- Vendor Management App – Several enhancements to the Vendor Management App doubles its capability and makes it easier for vendor project managers to manage their users within a client’s community, while still ensuring security for clients who use multiple LSPs. With Lingotek’s vendor management app enterprises can:
- Create and track bids
- Award projects to bid winners
- Create different vendor groups
- Request bids on multiple documents in a project
- Compare bids from different Vendors
- Select the winning bid
- Automatically assign a project manager to a project
- Cost and invoice reports progress bar to show status at a glance
- LQE Scoring & Reporting – Updates to the Linguistic Quality Evaluation (LQE) App include information about the Quality Program that instructs the user about how the quality score was calculated. This will educate linguists and help them improve translation in the future.
- Quality Evaluation Results – Workflows now include options to send the quality evaluation results to key stakeholders (Previous assignees, project managers, all translators, etc.), ensuring that feedback and quality scores are instantly available to those involved with the translation. This significantly streamlines communication and enables delivery of higher quality translations over time.
- Multilingual Business Intelligence – The Multilingual Business Intelligence App now allows users to search by date ranges, so project managers can spot trends and make more informed, strategic business decisions to optimize resource allocation and translation efficiency. Additionally, Lingotek has expanded support for exporting intelligence data into third-party business intelligence tools by enhancing CSV and Microsoft Excel exports to provide more referential data and adding the ability to subscribe to a data feed of the raw data from Lingotek. These new and enhanced options provide even greater flexibility for analyzing and reporting on the state of localization operations.
- Intelligent Workflows – Lingotek uses next-generation technology and AI with machine learning to create Intelligent Workflows that can perform phase automation, dynamic scheduling, and active monitoring. Recent additions to the Lingotek’s intelligent workflows include automatic calculation of partially-completed work in cost and invoice reports if a job is canceled mid-project. In addition, it automatically alerts users whenever a task they are working on has been canceled and prevents any further work from occurring on the task.
- Weighted Word Counts – We have added Weighted Word Counts throughout the TMS. Weighted Words are used to estimate the work remaining on a project/document/target after TM analysis and/or leverage has been performed. Project managers can use Weighted Word Counts to better estimate turnaround times and costs, as well as distribute work among linguists.
- Exception Management Dashboard – Gives Project Managers quick-and-easy access to the critical exceptions that need review and/or action. This reduces the need for project managers to perform routine, automated tasks. Instead, they can use that time to perform tasks that are more valuable to the organization, such as problem-solving and responding to urgent issues.
Sitecore Translation Connector
Lingotek has rearchitected their Lingotek – Inside Sitecore connector, adding significant improvements to functionality and an updated user experience. The connector can easily translate Sitecore content management system (CMS) content and automate the translation process with default translation workflows, assignments, and publication settings. The Sitecore CMS is an integrated platform built to support global, multilingual content at scale and provide the flexibility that enterprises demand. Its award-winning user interface decouples presentation from content, so that content can be automatically delivered across any channel. Sitecore is the global leader in customer experience management, helping more than 4,600 of the world’s leading brands, including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, easyJet, and L’Oréal, deliver highly relevant content and personalized digital experiences.
Lingotek | The Translation Network is the only cloud-based solution to connect all global content in one place, giving enterprises the power to manage their brand worldwide. Our industry-leading technology pairs with the best enterprise applications and expert language services to continuously push dynamic multilingual content to all of the global markets. Lingotek is based in Lehi, Utah–also known as Silicon Slopes–and is funded by Signal Peak Ventures and In-Q-Tel.
Mirum, a global digital agency, is Lingotek’s partner for the creation and development of the Lingotek – Inside Sitecore connector. The agency has been placed in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for web content management every year for the past eight years. Mirum is a Gold Member of the Sitecore Technology Partner Program and is a part of an elite group of partners that extend and enhance the capabilities of Sitecore’s award-winning customer experience management platform.
801-331-7777 ext. 115