SlatorCon London 2020 Agenda
Slator is working on an agenda full of strategic insights and actionable ideas, delivered by leading industry experts in highly focused, 20-minute TED-style presentations. Stay tuned for updates on these exciting speaker announcements.
Thur | September 3
13:30 PM - 13:35 PM
Welcome and Opening Remarks
13:35 PM - 14:00 PM
Presentation | Loc 2020
Retooling Localization: How the Language Industry is Gearing up for the Next Decade
- An industry in transformation: Growing buyers, consolidating vendors
- Language AI as managed service: next gen language tech and services startups
- How service vendors thrive as tech disintermediates the ecosystem
14:00 PM - 14:30 PM
Local at A Global Scale – Beyond Localization
- What do all products need? Customers.
- What do customers want? Products that are relevant to them and easy to use.
This talk will explore what it really takes to scale and succeed globally.
14:30 PM - 14:55 PM
Scaling Through Digital Transformation
- Building a scalable platform for exponential growth while transforming a public sector interpreting agency into a B2B focused language technology company.
- Delivering change at the scale and speed required by orchestrating technology, strategic acquisitions, key changes in senior management, re-branding and positioning, and cultural shift.
16:10 PM - 16:35 PM
Presentation | Language Technology
Updates on the latest Slator Research
- 2019 – The Year in Research
- Upcoming Research Reports
- Slator’s Corporate Research Subscription
16:35 PM 17:00 PM
Presentation | The Role of Private Equity in the Language Industry
Language Industry, a Honeypot for Private Equity
A Fantastic Journey from Translation Service Provider to Globalization Consultant or How we Learn to Fly
17:00 PM - 17:25 PM
Patently Local: A View into IP Translation and Services within the LSP Ecosystem
In his session at SlatorCon, Tom will focus on the unique characteristics of IP buyers, how language services fit into the broader swath of needed IP services and the IP lifecycle, and organic and inorganic growth in regulated industries.
17:25 PM - 17:50 PM
Presentation | Lead Partner
Conjunction of universes or redefining the localization service in the connected age
- “Are you talking to me?” – the impact of commas on global revenues
- Connect to the client’s heart and head – embracing visions, performance indicators and metrics
- What real innovation means – move beyond TM, MT and other acronyms from the bygone days
- Putting it all together – next gen localization service
17:30 PM - 17:55 PM
Presentation | Lead Partner
And what if it's free?! The future of the translation industry and LSPs
- What happened – how technology and unit economics are going to totally change the game
- Timing – should I use NMT now or should I wait
- The NMT Gateway – How can you benefit from NMT today
17:50 PM - 18:00 PM
SlatorCon Amsterdam and Beyond
- Key takeaways of SlatorCon Amsterdam
- Slator’s 2020 client service and subscription model
- SlatorCon 2020 events calendar