SlatorCon Remote on December 1st will deliver a high impact agenda of strategic insights and actionable ideas delivered by senior language industry leaders, technology executives and enterprise clients.
The presentations will examine the global language industry’s high growth sectors and transformative language technologies like MT, cognitive AI, speech and interpreting technologies in highly focused, 20-minute presentations.
The Presentations and Panel discussions are followed by an opportunity for you to directly engage these thought leaders with your questions, providing you with unparalleled access not available anywhere else.
There will also be ample time for networking and visiting the exhibitor booths before the conference, during the intermission break and after the event, enabling you to make valuable connections and grow your professional network.
Join us on December 1st to network with the senior LSP executives, technologists and end-client team leaders who are driving innovation, business transformation and profitability in the global language industry. Take away the critical market knowledge and contacts to help your business compete and grow.
Contact Deppy Nikolaidou if you have any questions about the event.
Wednesday | Dec 1
8:00 - 9:00 AM EST (2:00 PM CET)
Pre-event Open Networking & Exhibition
SlatorCon Remote Delegates will be able to visit the event virtual Expo, and the Networking Area to meet and video chat directly with each other 1-on-1 in real time.
9:05 - 9:35 AM EST (3:05 PM CET)
Loc 2025 - The Automation and Expert-in-the-Loop Equation
- How a most active 2021 sets the scene for the next cycle
- Why leading LSPs opt for build over buy in machine translation
- Key operational milestones on the LSP growth path
- The convergence of MT and fast-emerging language tech
- Translators as key knowledge workers in an industry of automation
- Outlook 2025
9:35 - 10:05 AM EST (3:35 PM CET)
Human-centric Machine Translation at scale
Most LSPs strive to use Machine Translation to benefit from the productivity gains this technology brings. Pitfalls and judgement errors, however, can easily reduce the cost advantages and threaten the relation with the translators.
In this talk we show how a human-centric approach to MT helps to create a happy community of language experts and at the same time improves productivity substantially.
Transformation of Global Content Distribution and the Role Localization Plays
- Adapting to your customers’ needs
- Expanding scale, scope, reach and capacity
- Innovation in all dimensions
10:05 - 10:35 AM EST (4:05 PM CET)
Panel: Interpreting Technology
More Panelists to be announced shortly.
- Proliferating remote conference ecosystem and its impact on RSI
- Winning and onboarding large government contracts
- Practical implications of advances in language technologies such as ASR, MT
- Technology and enabling rare language coverage
- Growth areas for remote interpreting in the US and Europe
- The future of on-site interpreting
10:35 - 11:00 AM EST (4:35 PM CET)
Group Discussion: How Lingtech will add value to services in 2022 and beyond
- Recent developments and trends to see in 2022
- The Lingtech movement and its importance for customers
- Nurturing new comers to the industry to help them generate value and differentiate
SlatorCon Remote delegates will be invited to join this moderated group discussion hosted by e2f, express views and network.
10:35 - 11:00 AM EST (4:35 PM CET)
Networking, Discussion & Exhibition
The Hopin platform provides Delegates with 3 different ways to network, including direct requests and a speed dating approach. There will also be a Networking partner breakout session and a virtual Expo with leading solution providers.
11:00 - 11:30 AM EST (5:00 PM CET)
Empowering the World’s Creativity in over 100 Languages
Digital Marketing Transformation
- Overview of Canva’s Localisation journey, including how the team have evolved over the last 5 years
- Keys to our success, and learnings we’ve picked up on the way
- The future of globalization at Canva
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST (5:30 PM CET)
Panel: Localization at Scale for International Growth
Explore the vital role of strategy and automation when designing for scale across multiple content streams with:
- Mouser Electronics – localizing highly technical content across 63 country-specific websites, 40M webpages.
- Lingo24 – AI-powered localization partner for global enterprises like Virgin Pulse, Eventbrite and Mouser Electronics.
Hear about Mouser’s journey to global with practical realities and lessons learned.
12:00 - 12:30 PM EST (6:00 PM CET)
Uber's journey to using MT, becoming vendor agnostic
Lessons from scaling Riot’s Localization Program
- Overview of Uber MT Ride. How to make the Journey a success and key learning from roadblocks.
- Role of vendor(s) and Translators in the success of MT journey and vice versa.
- Gaining speed at the cost of quality when using MT – Fact or Fiction.
12:30 - 1:00 PM EST (6:30 PM CET)
“You Had Me at MT”: a gateway to speech technologies
- Adding Machine Speech to your localization toolkit
- The natural progression of Cognitive AI
- Real world use cases and value creation from the business landscape
- How to get started and what’s on the horizon
1:00 -1:05 PM EST (7:00 PM CET)
SlatorCon Amsterdam and Beyond
- Key takeaways of SlatorCon Amsterdam
- Slator’s 2020 client service and subscription model
- SlatorCon 2020 events calendar
1:05 -2:00 PM EST (7:05 PM CET)
Sessions Rooms, Networking and Exhibition
Delegates can continue their networking, visit exhibitor booths and participate in Partner session breakout discussions.
2:00 PM EST (8:00 PM CET)
SlatorCon Remote June 2022 | Early Bird $120Register Now
Buy your tickets today:
2 tickets with 5% discount, 3 tickets with 10% discount, 4 tickets with 15% discount, 5 tickets with 20% discount
Contact Deppy Nikolaidou if you have any other questions about the event including registration and the Hopin platform.
Partners | SlatorCon Remote December 2021
Intento helps global companies procure and utilize the best-fit cognitive AI services. The Intento Enterprise MT Hub connects MT models trained on multiple platforms with many enterprise software systems. It allows brands to augment their Localization, Content Management, Customer Support and Marketing Operations with AI.
e2f is a leading innovator in data and language operations providing highly customizable tech solutions for the digital content. Today’s global marketplace has brought the demand for e2f’s services to an all-time high, and the company helps hundreds of clients cater their businesses to a worldwide audience. e2f has a presence on five continents worldwide, providing high-quality, data and content services in hundreds of languages.