SlatorCon Remote September 2021 – Agenda
SlatorCon Remote on September 8th will deliver a high impact agenda of strategic insights and actionable ideas delivered by senior language industry leaders, technology executives and enterprise clients.
The presentations will examine the global language industry’s high growth sectors like media, gaming and ecommerce; and transformative language technologies in highly focused, 20-minute presentations.
The Presentations and Panel discussions are followed by an opportunity for you to directly engage these thought leaders with your questions, providing you with unparalleled access not available anywhere else.
There will also be ample time for networking and visiting the exhibitor booths before the conference, during the intermission break and after the event, enabling you to make valuable connections and grow your professional network.
Join us on September 8th to network with language industry executives, technologists and end-clients from around the world, and take away the critical market knowledge to help your business compete and grow.
Buy your tickets at Early Bird price by August 15th.
Contact Andrew Smart if you would like a discount on 5 tickets or more.
And contact Deppy Nikolaidou if you have any other questions about the event including registration and the Hopin platform.
Thursday | Sept 8
8:30 - 9:00 AM EST (2:30 PM CEST)
Pre-event Open Networking & Exhibition
SlatorCon Remote Delegates will be able to visit the event virtual Expo, and the Networking Area to meet and video chat with each other in real time.
9:05 - 9:35 AM (3:05 PM CEST)
- State of the market in 2021
- Buy or build or both – options for growth and M&A overview
- How the language Industry is pioneering the Expert-in-the-Loop Model
- Adjacent markets presenting opportunities for LSPs
- Emerging pricing models
- Frontier Language Technologies
9:35 - 10:05 AM (3:35 PM CEST)
CEO Keynote Presentation
Transformation of Global Content Distribution and the Role Localization Plays
- Adapting to your customers’ needs
- Expanding scale, scope, reach and capacity
- Innovation in all dimensions
10:05 - 10:35 AM EST (4:05 PM CEST)
Panel: Content Creation in the Age of AI
- The landscape of AI-generated content
- Post-editing of MT, OCR, ASR, and text transformers like GPT-3
- What’s new on the horizon
More Panelists to be announced shortly.
10:35 - 11:00 AM EST (4:35 PM CEST)
Networking, Discussion & Exhibition
The Hopin platform provides Delegates with 3 different ways to network, including direct requests and a speed dating approach. There will also be a Networking partner breakout session and a virtual Expo with leading solution providers.
11:00 -11:30 AM EST (5:00 PM CEST)
Cross Border eCommerce Growth – Best Practices from Leading Brands
- Global reach for local sellers
- How to overcome growth challenges when transitioning from local to global
- The ‘lost in translation’ effect and how can it hurt your brand and reputation [i.e Selling the BLT in Israel]
- Why localization is critical for maintaining your brand power in new local markets
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM (5:30 PM CEST)
Presentation - Technology Localization
Digital Marketing Transformation
- How to approach digital transformation at scale
- Why delivering localized, relevant experiences to customers is more important than ever
- How to pivot to Customer ”L’Experience” — relevant multichannel experiences that resonate with all buyers in all markets
12:00 -12:30 PM EST (6:00 PM CEST)
Panel: Video Localization
The Video Localization Panel will:
- Explore the full spectrum of video localization services: from dubbing to RSI and from subtitling to live translated captioning.
- Unpack the opportunities and challenges for video localization providers in media & entertainment, training & education, meetings & events.
- Discuss the emerging technology at the cutting edge of video localization services.
More Panelists to be announced shortly.
12:30 - 1:00 PM EST (6:30 PM CEST)
From One to Many Games
Lessons from scaling Riot’s Localization Program
- Riot Games overview – A mission-focused company
- Riot’s Localization Program overview & history
- Loc tooling & platform case study
- 5 Lessons in leading localization program through change
1:00 -1:05 PM EST (7:00 PM CEST)
SlatorCon Amsterdam and Beyond
- Key takeaways of SlatorCon Amsterdam
- Slator’s 2020 client service and subscription model
- SlatorCon 2020 events calendar
1:05 -2:00 PM EST (7:05 PM CEST)
Sessions Rooms, Networking and Exhibition
Delegates can continue their networking, visit exhibitor booths and participate in Partner session breakout discussions.
2:00 PM EST (8:00 PM CEST)
Partners | SlatorCon Remote September 2021
Intento helps global companies procure and utilize the best-fit cognitive AI services. The Intento Enterprise MT Hub connects MT models trained on multiple platforms with many enterprise software systems. It allows brands to augment their Localization, Content Management, Customer Support and Marketing Operations with AI.
Boostlingo is a global leader in language interpreting technology innovation and software development. Boostlingo is one of the most widely adopted interpreting management and interpreting delivery systems deployed by language service organizations and across the healthcare/telehealth market today.