Amsterdam, June 8, 2022 – TAUS, a leading provider of human-powered language data for AI solutions, has published the TAUS DeMT™ Evaluation Report 2022. The report compares TAUS DeMT™ performance against available major machine translation engines in 8 language pairs for the eCommerce domain, 18 language pairs for the Medical/Pharma domain, and 4 language pairs for the Financial domain. This report’s findings are based on Polyglot Technology LLC’s independent analysis to benchmark the machine translation quality of DeMT™ relative to other major online machine translation providers.
TAUS DeMT™offers an end-to-end solution to those who wish to produce customized MT output for their specific domains and language pairs, without the hassle of going through the actual MT training process. Users can simply drop the file they would like to machine translate and select the datasets that they wish to be used in their customization. In the background, our technology selects the best-performing MT engine for the given source content and processes it by feeding the selected training dataset into the engine to produce a highly customized output. The translated file is then directly sent to the user’s inbox.
- TAUS DeMT™ improved the BLEU score over the non-customized online machine translation systems for all language pairs.
- TAUS DeMT™ improves the BLEU score over the worst performing non-customized online machine translation service:
- by more than 10 points, or 25% on average
- by more than 5 BLEU points at a minimum
- TAUS DeMT™ improves the BLEU score over the best performing non-customized online machine translation service:
- by more than 5 BLEU points, or 11% on average
- by more than one BLEU point at a minimum
- These are significant improvements that demonstrate the superiority of TAUS DeMT™ for the Ecommerce, Medical/Pharma and Financial domains over non-customized online machine translation services.
- The baseline engines continuously keep improving themselves, yet TAUS DeMT™ continues to provide improved scores on each one through the power of careful selection and curation of training and test datasets.
The full report can be found here.
TAUS was founded in 2005 as a think tank with a mission to automate and innovate translation. Ideas transformed into actions. TAUS became the language data network offering the largest industry-shared repository of data, deep know-how in language engineering and a network of HLP contributors of data around the globe. Our mission today is to empower global enterprises and their service and technology providers with data solutions that help them to communicate in all languages, faster, better and more efficiently.
About Polyglot Technology
Polyglot Technology LLC helps customers succeed with machine translation by enabling them to make best use of data available to them, by assessing machine translation quality independent from MT vendors, and by advising customers on how to best integrate the technology with people and processes.